Re: Moving avrdude to Git ?

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: Moving avrdude to Git ?
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2021 22:01:19 +0100

As Doom wrote:

> But don't you think it's time to move to Git ?

The problem is not Git, the problem is the remaining infrastructure.

I could probably easily convert everything to Git on Savannah (they
offer it, obviously), but some people expressed interest in moving to
a "more modern" platform where you can have pull requests and
such. But in that case, things like the bug and patch tracker would
need to be moved over. It's not it could not be done at all, but it's
work to do this. As long as I'm alone in the project, I rather spend
my time into improving AVRDUDE itself (I'm lacking years behind in
many things) than spending time into infrastructure work.

Unfortunately, someone already allocated the "avrdude" user or group
on Github so we can't have that. :-( Having it there would have been
my most favorite option if we want to move somewhere else.

Also, as long as I'm alone in the project, the distributed VCS won't
buy me much either.

--
cheers, Joerg               .-.-.   --... ...--   -.. .  DL8DTL

http://www.sax.de/~joerg/