Re: using multiple usbasp connected to PC in the same time

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: using multiple usbasp connected to PC in the same time
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2020 17:32:45 +0200

As Klaus wrote:

> What about simply counting found devices and add an optional device
> count parameter to avrdude so that a user simply can select "the third
> found device of that type"?

Well, might be possible, but then you also need a way to run it in
order to just count (and print) each device, without any further
interaction. Otherwise, you won't know which one is what ... and,
the sequence might change frequently.

I wish USBasp offered a feature to store a serial number in EEPROM ...
could even be configured through USB, so no separate ISP programmer is
needed. But that needs a firmware addition. I have no idea how much
flash is left in the current firmware version.

The, AVRDUDE could use the standard way of matching a (possibly
partial) serial number, as in "-P usb:0815".

@Thomas Fischl, are you listening here?

--
Joerg Wunsch