[avrdude-dev] libhidapi support

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: [avrdude-dev] libhidapi support
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 21:55:24 +0100

Just to mention it, I recently added libhidapi support to AVRDUDE.

The configure.ac framework was taken from patch #8717 (the remainder
of that patch is still pending), and the EDBG/CMSIS-DAP implementation
(Atmel-ICE, XplainedPro, XplainedMini, JTAGICE3 with firmware 3.x)
makes use of it if libhidapi has been found at configure time.

I've tested it using an Atmel-ICE, a JTAGICE3, and an XplainedMini
under FreeBSD, Linux, Windows XP and 7 (in virtual machines), and OSX,
and I'm quite happy with it.  In particular Windows and OSX have
always proven to be problematic using the plain libusb interface.

libusb is still there as a fallback, as it is required for JTAGICE3
running firmware version 2.x, but libhidapi is tried first.
--
cheers, Joerg               .-.-.   --... ...--   -.. .  DL8DTL

http://www.sax.de/~joerg/