[avrdude-dev] [bug #41292] Crash when uploading with JTAGICE3

From: Guyzmo
Subject: [avrdude-dev] [bug #41292] Crash when uploading with JTAGICE3
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 14:28:36 +0000

Follow-up Comment #6, bug #41292 (project avrdude):

Actually, I still don't know how to make that bug reproduceable, but here is
some more context:

It's working well for sometime, I upload using the JTAG ICE 3 on two projects
(targets being Atmega32u4 and Atmega2560 using ICSP) (as a broad guess, I'm
doing about 20/30 uploads a day).

It always work perfectly fine for the Atmega32u4 target, then at some point it
fails to work with the Atmega2560 target. And there's nothing I can do to make
it work again, though the Atmega32u4 gets still flashed perfectly fine.

I don't remember whether once it begins to crash, I can run avrdude -t or not.
I'll have to check that next time this happen.

So please, given the core file and the executable, It'd be really cool to find
out what's wrong and point me what would be the useful next steps next time
this happen. Sadly, I usually can't keep the flasher in a non-working state
for long, as I need it to get on with my work.

N.B.: From time to time, after lots of resets, the atmega32u4 make Xorg crash
(I think it's because Xorg sees it as a Mouse, which I still fail to prevent),
but I don't think both bugs are related.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?41292>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/