Re: [avrdude-dev] [bug #41357] OS X: Avrdude messes with the usb stack?

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] [bug #41357] OS X: Avrdude messes with the usb stack?
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 17:20:28 +0100

As Erik Walthinsen wrote:

> On 01/27/2014 01:16 PM, Joerg Wunsch wrote:
> >I restricted the usb_reset() call to #if defined(__linux__).
>
> This thread went by a week or so ago, but now I'm running into a
> problem caused by this exact line of code.

On which OS?

> Why is usb_reset() there in the first place?

The comment in the code says:

  /*
   * Without this reset, the AVRISP mkII seems to stall the second
   * time we try to connect to it.  [...]
   */

I think I've seen it myself on some Linux, but it's probably been
years ago.  With a sufficiently recent Linux kernel version (3.x),
omitting it doesn't cause any problems for me.

If it's consensus among the Linux users to drop this, I'm more than
happy doing so.
--
cheers, Joerg               .-.-.   --... ...--   -.. .  DL8DTL

http://www.sax.de/~joerg/