[avrdude-dev] Patch for avrdude to enable AVR Dragon to program AVR32 pa

From: Julien Aubé
Subject: [avrdude-dev] Patch for avrdude to enable AVR Dragon to program AVR32 parts
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2011 23:18:18 +0100

Hello,

Please find attached my first attempt for a patch that enable the AVR-Dragon
to recognize the AVR32 parts. This patch mimics the same code from jtag_mkII
probe.

With this patch on a 64-bit debian the part is recognized, but dumping memory
fails
due to a crash (see below), I need to investigate since I'm not sure it comes
from
this patch. (Note: The chip is empty)

I've added the part 32UC3A1256 to the default config file, and changed the
Changelog accordingly.

Feel free to correct this as it fits, I'm willing to change my patch
accordingly.

I'm testing user an up-to-date AVR-Dragon and two chips:
- 32UC3A1256,
- 32UC3A0512 on a EVK1100.

Thanks for your work and your time, and please ignore this mail if the patch
does not interest you.

Julien

--
People in the embedded space don't do prototypes. They hack something until it
works, then it's done.