Re: [avrdude-dev] Atmega32u2

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Atmega32u2
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 16:05:00 +0200

As Jkx wrote:

> Yes, the Atmega32u2 sig is Ok. look in my previous dump:
> avrdude: Device signature = 0x1e958a
> avrdude: Expected signature for AT90USB162 is 1E 94 82

Sorry, I've been confusing the signature with the fuse bytes.

> With the -B10, the speed is Ok, no more timeout, but the verify still
> fails. (content missmatch)

It probably means the STK500 programming parameters (delays etc.) for
the ATmega32U2 are different than those for the AT90USB162.  You have
to sketch a new device entry then.  The STK500 programming parameters
can be obtained from Atmel's XML file.  Sorry, nothing is automated
there by now (contributions welcome ;-).