Re: [avrdude-dev] xmega status

From: David A. Lyons
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] xmega status
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 02:40:04 -0700

On Oct 6, 2009, at 11:29 AM, Zoltan Laday wrote:
> AFAIK, there is no support for the xmega parts on the AVRISPmkII.

I can report success programming the ATxmega128A1 over PDI, with an AVRISPmkII,
from Mac OS X with avrdude 5.6 (CrossPack-AVR-20090415).

The trick was to upgrade the AVRISPmkII firmware once, using AVR Studio (and I
had to borrow use of a Windows machine to do that).

<http://support.atmel.no/bin/customer?=&action=viewKbEntry&id=683> says:
> JTAGICEmkII, AVRISPmkII and STK600 can be used to Program devices via PDI and
> JTAGICEmkII to Debug devices via PDI
> The Latest version AVR Studio 4.15 (build 623) has PDI support for AVRISP
> mkII.

Cheers,

--Dave