Re: [avrdude-dev] [patch #4372] Better synchronization for stk500

From: Bernard Fouché
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] [patch #4372] Better synchronization for stk500
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 09:52:22 +0200

anonymous wrote:

With some USB <-> RS-232 adapters avrdude sometimes has problems to get in
sync with the stk500. It seems that the first few characters  from the serial
port get lost just after opening the port.
So this is a cable/driver problem, not related to the upper application. I'm using all the day USB<->RS232 cables based on FTDI chips under Linux FC_3: I never had a sync problem. IMHO it would be better to fix the driver or change of cable since you won't be able to modify all RS232 applications!