Re: [avrdude-dev] [bug #14212] can't read atmega128 eeprom with Beta5.0

From: Bernard Fouché
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] [bug #14212] can't read atmega128 eeprom with Beta5.0
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 16:42:59 +0200

Joerg Wunsch wrote:

I can confirm this, and this appears to be completely independent of
bug #13693 as I can observe similar behaviour through a JTAG ICE
connection.  Funny enough, it only affects EEPROM reads, other reads
(like the signature or calibration space) do work as expected.

Are you able to flash and verify a bootloader with the JTAG ICE? There is another bug that I saw with avrispv2/stk500v2 and that bug forbids one to verify a bootloader.I think that it forbids to verify anything not starting at 0x0000 but I wonder if it's avrispv2/stk500v2 related.

I'll upload the patch later this day and make a report for the 'can't verify bootloader' problem if I did not yet. I'll also upload the patch that offers device locking on Linux. I did it because once I forgot a 'minicom' in a background window and I went mad not understanding why I was not able to reflash my target. It was on a portable PC and I had only one USB/RS232 cable, to flash and to check the output of the target ;-)

Bernard