RE: [avrdude-dev] FW: avrdude + avrstudio / stk500 / ATMEGA162 - program

From: Steve Bentley
Subject: RE: [avrdude-dev] FW: avrdude + avrstudio / stk500 / ATMEGA162 - programming problems
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 13:41:05 +0100

Morning!!
Success finally!!

The SCK is now set at 4.4us, I don’t know why this is 4.4, as I used sck
4 and would have expected 4us however the longer the better I guess.

I could not read the fuses using ISP mode as they were always read back
incorrectly therefore I switched to HV and read them again.

(using High-Voltage)
The following fuses are read:
*Brown-out detection disabled
*Serial program downloading (SPI) enabled.
*Boot Flash section size=128words Boot start address=$1F80
*Divide clock by 8 internally
*Clock output on PORTB0
*Ext. Crystal Osc. Frequency 0.4-0.9 MHz; Start-up time 258 CK + 4.1ms

Getting oscillator parameters.. P=0x01, N=0x00, SD=0x04 .. OK

Therefore I cleared the ‘Divide clock by 8 internally’ and set ‘Ext.
Crystal Osc. Frequency 3.0-8.0 MHz; Start-up time 1 CK + 0ms.

Then success!! Switching to ISP mode, I could read the (correct)
signature everytime. Programming using avrdude
avrdude -p atmega162 -P com1 -c stk500  -v -v  -U flash:w:test.hex

...and the hex file was wri9tten and verified correctly. The program is
now running on the micro!

Thanks everyone who helped (especially Galen)!!!

Merry Christmas

Steve