Re: [avrdude-dev] AVRDUDE Questions

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] AVRDUDE Questions
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 11:39:03 -0600

Neal Nelson wrote:

Hiya.

Sorry to disturb you but I just wanted to ask two questions:

The FreeBSD man page for AVRDUDE doesn't list the ATtiny26 as being supported. Is it possible to program this device using AVRDUDE?

You can always take a quick look in the avrdude configuration file to see what is supported. It's just a simple text file.

The man page mentions about programming fuse bits but doesn't really say how it's done. What is required to program the fuse bits? I'm using a DonTronics DT006, which is a serial programmer, so as I understand it I can't do it using this. Is there an easy to build programmer that I can use to do this.

Take a look at the avrdude user manual (pdf). There are example in there of how to program fuses.

Eric