Re: [avrdude-dev] avr910 speed-testing/tuning

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] avr910 speed-testing/tuning
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 09:26:57 -0700

On 10 Dec 2003 at 2:21, Jan-Hinnerk Reichert wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> After all the speed-tuning we have done to parallel-port-programmers,
> I have (once again) looked at the speed issue for avr910.c
<snip>
> ----------------
> Now the questions:
> - how are things on BSD and windows?

Windows is a different beast altogether.

Currently the serial access is done through the Cygwin/POSIX layer.
However, I have it on my list to provide a Win32 API serial port layer (in
ser_win32.c). It's most of the way done. I currently have problems with
getting a serial_drain() to work correctly which causes the verify to not
work correctly, but the write is working just fine. (Alex Shepherd: if
you'd like to help out on this, let me know.) The main reason to provide a
Win32 API serial port layer, is to eventually get avrdude to build without
linking to the Cygwin DLL.

Also, I do my testing on a stk500. I don't have access to other
programmers.

Eric