Re: [avrdude-dev] Cleaning up of avr910.c

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Cleaning up of avr910.c
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 15:04:47 -0700

On 8 Dec 2003 at 22:16, Jan-Hinnerk Reichert wrote:

> On Monday 08 December 2003 17:51, E. Weddington wrote:
> > On 8 Dec 2003 at 14:25, Jan-Hinnerk Reichert wrote:
>
> > > IMHO, a progress indicator for reading signature-bits is
> > > confusing, because I haven't requested the read.
> >
> > but personally, this doesn't really bother me since it happens so
> > fast anyway.
>
> That is one of the points bothering me: It doesn't make sense to do a
> progress indicator here.
>
> The other point is that I - as a user - don't view the signature read
> as a read-operation, because I didn't ask for it.
>
> IMHO, it is just noice.

That's fine with me. As was said in other posts, there are other places
that don't have it, so yeah, might as well be consistent. I don't have
strong opinions either way.

> However, I agree that other things might have higher priority
>
> > Since you're looking, I did want to point out the items in the TODO
> > that are avr910 specific:

<avr910 stuff>

> Let's see, how much time I have. Most of it has to wait til January,
> I'm afraid ;-(

That's fine. Most of the items in the TODO for the avr910, I don't know
what they're about. And earlier, I just culled out the FIXMEs in the code.

I just wanted to make sure that they're not forgotten! :) January/February
is just fine with me. Everybody should have a fun and restful holiday
season!

Eric