[avrdude-dev] Re: [avr-gcc-list] AVaRICE and gdb windows port

From: E. Weddington
Subject: [avrdude-dev] Re: [avr-gcc-list] AVaRICE and gdb windows port
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 09:26:38 -0700

I've moved this to the avrdude-dev list as it seems more appropriate
there.

On 25 Feb 2003 at 0:08, Brian Dean wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 24, 2003 at 09:44:38AM -0700, E. Weddington wrote:
>
> > As to supporting the AVR ISP programmer: avrdude can talk to an
> > STK500. IIRC the AVR ISP programmer uses the same protocol as the
> > STK500 so, in theory, yes. I don't know if this has been tested yet.
>
> I don't think the STK500 and AVR ISP protocols are the same, but I
> could be wrong.  I seem to remember glancing at the AVR910 protocol
> (I'm assuming the AVR ISP uses the AVR910 protocol) and it was
> different than that for the STK500 protocol.  However, it should not
> be hard to add it, as all the hooks are there.  At the moment, I don't
> have an AVR ISP programmer to test with, otherwise I would add the
> support.  If someone wanted to contribute support for it, a good place
> to start would be to look at the STK500 support in avrdude and change
> the appropriate commands.

I saw that Joerg replied to this. Yes, the AVR Studio help files say
that the AVR ISP uses the same software as the STK500.

My only suggestion, to make it easier on users who might get
confused, is to add an additional entry in the config file of avrisp
and have it as type stk500.

Eric