Re: [avrdude-dev] patch to convert to autoconf

From: Brian Dean
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] patch to convert to autoconf
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 13:31:56 -0500

On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 09:45:44AM -0800, Theodore A. Roth wrote:

> Which version of autoconf are you using? (checking the FreeBSD
> website, it looks like the default is 2.53, and the default automake
> is 1.5)

        address@hidden:/bsd- autoconf --version
        autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.53

It appears that automake 1.5 is the latest available for FreeBSD.
It's not installed on my system, but that is just because I probably
haven't installed any ports that needed it.

I think what I need to do for FreeBSD is within the port Makefile, I
need to list these as build dependencies.  Then the FreeBSD ports
system will ensure that they are installed before it tries to do any
building of avrdude.  Up until now, avrdude (avrprog) has not required
any external dependencies, so I'm somewhat new at this aspect of the
ports.  Joerg has a good bit more experience in this area than I,
so perhaps he can comment.

-Brian