Re: [avrdude-dev] make depend

From: Brian Dean
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] make depend
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 17:02:59 -0500

On Tue, Feb 11, 2003 at 12:09:23PM -0800, Theodore A. Roth wrote:

> I think that we still need to use the include .depend mechanism. The
> reason is that when you use gcc to find the depends on one system,
> they may be different when run on another system.

address@hidden:/avrdude- make
"Makefile", line 115: Need an operator
make: fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue

FreeBSD make doesn't grok this.  I was having trouble getting
something that worked both with make and gmake and that's when I just
included the results inline in the Makefile.  Surely there is an
'include' syntax that is compatible with both FreeBSD make and gmake?

-Brian
--
Brian Dean                                      address@hidden