Re: [avr-libc-dev] Automated testing project

From: Peeter Vois
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] Automated testing project
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 18:27:31 +0300

Ühel ilusal kenal päeval Wed, 19 Oct 2005 09:35:06 +0200
Joerg Wunsch <address@hidden> kirjutas:

> As Peeter Vois wrote:
>
> > As my proposed testsuite uses gdb serial protocol maybe it would be
> > possible to set up hardware testplatforms for all / missing devices?
>
> I don't quite understand, how's that going to work?
>
> Normally, I'd assume that simulavr/simulavrxx/avarice are talking
> GDB remote protocol.
>
> Could you draw an outline of how the pieces are working together?

I was thinking on avrice, that as much I know SHOULD have gdb interface
that serves the device over TCP/IP using gdb serial protocol. If this is
so, then there is needed basically minimal hardware for testing
(device, ice tool and power supply if not USB powered). I hope that if
the new device has JTAG debugging support, then the tests can be done.

I would develop the testsuite because of the need to test avr-libc.
Ofcourse at one point it would become useful in general.

Peeter