Re: [avr-libc-dev] List spam

From: Daniel
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] List spam
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 19:47:31 +1200

"Theodore A. Roth" wrote:

> On Fri, 29 Aug 2003, Jason Kyle wrote:
>
> > Please could we have the mailing list set to accept posts from members
> > only, got enough spam as it is :)
>
> Ok, I've set up the list so that postings from non-members will need
> to be approved. If that becomes too much of a burden on me, I'll set
> it to automatically reject them.
>
> Ted Roth

Hello All

This is not a complaint !!! (Just to let you know my situation)

My subscription is to my PRIVATE email address.
But if I post to lists I use my "anti SPAM" email address.
 http://www.myprivacy.ca/
That uses a challenge/response method to stop SPAM.
(Therefore not compatible with subscription on lists)

This would also affect people using e.g. address@hidden

I personally think that the Savannah spam control is very good.
(I can only count 3 emails that got through in the 12 months I have
been subscribed and all in the last 9 days)
And these 3 have not been normal spam (in my view) as all 3 where
this list.
(windows SOBIG virus uses FALSE REPLYTO address).

It would not surprise me if Savannah fixes this in the
next update of their spam control.

PS before I switched to address@hidden
I was address@hidden
(My private address is now different and available off the list)
I have had my new private email address for 6 months and not had
any spam directly to that address.

OK Just recieved the email from Jason
Can address@hidden be added to the "accepted posters filter" please
:-)