[avr-libc-dev] Simulation of asm files

From: Volkmar Dierkes
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] Simulation of asm files
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 23:19:30 +0200

Hi,

on another mailing list I've seen this question (with reply from me
to your information).

> On Wed, 23 Apr 2003 07:08:48 -0000, exnecguy wrote:
>
>> I have compiled BasicTest1.c with AVRX. When I run the progam in
>> VMLAB (from www.amctools.com) I am not able to set breakpoints in the
>> assembly files. I am using winavr.
>
> I've never used asm files with WinAVR before, but I am using VMLAB
> with success. So I tried a small asm example. I can't set any
> breakpoints or single step into the assembly file. After looking into
> the generated cof file, it seems that the asm stuff isn't included.
> Therefore this must happen with AVRstudio too. Does anyone have
> experience with asm files in WinAVR and simulation?

It seems to me that this is another issue to objtool. If I look into
the elf file (with objtool of course) I can see that my asm file and
the function in it is included. Additional I can find my asm
function in the code. So, compilation seems to be ok for me, but it
is not possible to step into the asm function while simulation.

Volkmar