Re: sample makefile (was:Re: [avr-libc-dev] Sample project - LedFlash)

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: sample makefile (was:Re: [avr-libc-dev] Sample project - LedFlash)
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 10:15:37 -0700

On 26 Feb 2003 at 17:22, Otto Tronarp wrote:

> If you do the cvs checkout from a windows box it should just work, at
> least according to section 9.2 in Version Management with CVS by
> Cederqvist:
>
> "There are two issues with using CVS to store binary files. The first
> is that CVS by default converts line endings between the canonical
> form in which they are stored in the repository (linefeed only), and
> the form appropriate to the operating system in use on the client (for
> example, carriage return followed by line feed for Windows NT)."

And it gets even more complicated. I do my build work with cygwin and
/ or mingw. I've installed cygwin to use Unix LEs but my editor is a
Windows editor which can switch between different LEs. So currently
I'm going with the path of least resistance, a specific conversion
step at post build, because I've got a lot on my plate right now
especially with a run-up to a new release.

Thanks for the suggestion, though. I'll look further into it.

Eric