Re: [avr-libc-dev] Fix for strstr.S (revision 2)

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] Fix for strstr.S (revision 2)
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 12:12:42 -0800 (PST)

Hi Philip,

Thanks for fixing strstr().

Attached is what I'll probably commit to cvs.

I took out the code to check for a single char string then call strchr().
It turns out that gcc does that for you automagically when you turn on
optimizations, but it doesn't if you don't. I ran your test case
successfully with -O2 and without.

I did notice that your test case is missing a check to make sure that the
returned value is the expected pointer. I've also attached a program which
also tests this.

Ted Roth