Re: [avr-libc-dev] [RFC] sections stub patch

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] [RFC] sections stub patch
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 14:14:24 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 28 Aug 2002, Joerg Wunsch wrote:

:) All this _Unwind_foo and __gxx_personality_sj0 stuff is required for
:) exception handling, which basically requires a working libstdc++ (which
:) we don't have).  So the only chance is to run the compiler with
:) -fno-exceptions -- which will also reduce my simple test file to < 500
:) bytes of flash, which is quite a bit closer to what i would expect. ;)

I seem to remember that you can force the build of gcc to pass the
-fno-exceptions option by default for avr C++ programs.... Ah, yes, here
it is in this patch:

http://freesoftware.fsf.org/download/simulavr/binaries/SOURCES/gcc-3.0.4-patchc++

That should probably be put into the gcc cvs tree. Attached is the patch
for gcc. Joerg, try it and see if the results are what you expect without
the -fno-exceptions option.

Ted Roth