[avr-libc-dev] noinitdata section ?

From: daniel_laptop
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] noinitdata section ?
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 02:37:26 +1200

Hello All

I have only just upgraded from avr-libc-20020203 to CVS version
so large portions of avr-libc are new to me. :-)
(you all have been doing a LOT of good work THANKS).

If my questions should be directed elsewhere please let me know.

Has any of the noinitdata section been implemented ?
If so - where can I find info. (source or doc file etc.) ?
If not - is noinitdata going to be looked at ?

One suggestion for noinitdata is a means (generated memory map file ? /
memory address attribute ?)
to be able to keep (access) the data stored in nvram after an in system
flash software upgrade of the MCU.
(Or is this already in the making ;-)

below is emails to avr-gcc-list where I heard about noinitdata
 http://avr.jpk.co.nz/pipermail/avr-gcc-list/2002-January/001322.html
 http://avr.jpk.co.nz/pipermail/avr-gcc-list/2002-May/001841.html

Thanks for ALL your work.

Daniel