Re: [avr-libc-dev] <avr/sfr_defs.h> documented

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] <avr/sfr_defs.h> documented
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 11:34:36 +0200

As Theodore A. Roth wrote:

> :) I don't know whether i
> :) should copy Marek's comment in the file verbatim into the documentation,
> :) or whether some of the aspects are rather rarely used in actual
> :) assembler programming so they don't deserve to be documented.
>
> Isn't the whole point of doxygen to turn those comments into
> documentation? ;-)

My only concern with it was whether all this is really applicable to
assembler programmers at all.  I. e., are there people who would
really like to tweak all those knobs?

> I also just noticed two more things that need updated:
>
>   - outp/inp/BV need to be documented and marked as \deprecated.

I thought we already basically agreed to move the deprecated
functionality out into a <avr/compat.h>?  That would be the spot
where we could document them then (with mutual xrefs).

>   - outb/outw need a \note added which points out that the order of the
>     arguments has changed since the last stable release (20020203 ??)

OK, yes.

Has there actually been an outw() macro?  I thought there was only
__outw() (which is gone now).