avr-libc-corelib

[Avr-libc-corelib] Design Document Format (was Library Design Questions)

From: Mike Perks
Subject: [Avr-libc-corelib] Design Document Format (was Library Design Questions)
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 12:42:56 -0500

Eric Weddington wrote:
Well this mailing list is a part of the avr-libc project on Savannah. We can
keep a design document on the avr-libc project. However, a design document has
not been started. If you start one, then I would suggest doing it in a simple
text file, as we have Linux and FreeBSD users here so avoid any MS format
documents.
How about OpenOffice saved in Microsoft Office file formats? Doesn't everyone on Linux have OpenOffice by now :)

I find plain text files hard to read except for short README style files. The other alternative is HTML. The possible advantage of HTML is that the design document can morph into the library documentation.

Regards,
Mike