[avr-gcc-list] GCC plugin for avr-gcc

From: Sandeep K Chaudhary
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] GCC plugin for avr-gcc
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2014 22:38:48 -0400

Hi Guys,

I wish to implement a GCC plugin that can work with avr-gcc. I came to
realize that the latest avr-gcc or avr-g++ is based off GCC 4.8.2.
However, the whole GCC plugin APIs were introduced in 4.9.0.
Therefore, the 'fplugin' option is not present with the latest
avr-gcc.

Can someone please tell me when we can expect to have the plugin
support in avr-gcc? Also, is there some way to get around this problem
i.e. somehow being able to use the plugin option with current avr-gcc?

It would be a great help if I can get the plugin option to work with avr-gcc.

Thanks and regards,
Sandeep Chaudhary
University of Waterloo, Canada.