[avr-gcc-list] Is some special attribute or qualifier required to make C

From: David Fernandez
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Is some special attribute or qualifier required to make C function tables to use the right linker stubs?
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2014 16:49:11 +0100

Hi there (likely Joerg Wunsch will know this),

In devices like ATxMega256xxx, I see that the C function tables I
declare, and the function pointers, end up being 16-bit, and so-far
everything seems to assume that EIND is 0 and functions will be in the
first 64K (my current code is not that big yet).

Will avr-gcc use the right relocation when picking one function from the
array and calling it? or should I declare the functions with some
special attribute and/or do some assembler magic with gs() operator when
calling those kind of functions.

So far I see that gcc put some trampoline calls after the interrupt
vectors for some functions, but everything fits within the first 64K so far.

I'm just trying to be sure that when code begin to fall off the first
64K, I'm not going to get funny problems a few weeks later, after I
completely forgot about this thing.

Regards
David
The information contained in this message is confidential and is intended for
the addressee(s) only. If you have received this message in error, please
notify the sender immediately and delete the message. Unless you are an
addressee (or authorized to receive for an addressee), you may not use, copy or
disclose to anyone this message or any information contained in this message.
The unauthorized use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is
strictly prohibited.