[avr-gcc-list] xmega support

From: larry barello
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] xmega support
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 16:32:31 -0800

I am trying to bring a project developed on a mega128  up on an xmega128A1.
Aside from the very different I/O structure (which is actually pretty nice)
the non-volatile memory stuff is totally different.

Is there some libc support for reading/writing the EEPROM?  How about
self-programming support (aka boot-loader)? Or do I have to roll my own?

Hmm, a search through the 1205 release for "__AVR_ATxmega128a1__" shows only
the following files having knowledge of the chip:
Power.h
Sleep.h
Wdt.h
And
Io.h
of course.

I suppose the real question is: what level of support does Libc have for
these new chips?

Cheers!