RE: [avr-gcc-list] Latest working versions (ATmega324p)?

From: Weddington, Eric
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] Latest working versions (ATmega324p)?
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 12:22:26 -0600

This is why I have started to post the patches on the WinAVR CVS repository,
tagged with the relevant release number. The patches are already ordered, for
your convenience, so you don't have to figure out which to one to patch first.
The patches are also consistent, in that they are all patched using --strip=0
from the top level of the source directory. They are categorized so you don't
have to figure out which ones are host-specific (mingw) so you don't have to
apply those to a Linux-hosted toolchain.

I typically post the patches I use in WinAVR *after* a WinAVR release. You will
notice that I have yet to post the patches that I use for 20080411. If you look
carefully, you will also notice that I have pulled the 20080411 release, and it
is because of a wrong code generation bug. I couldn't, in good conscience,
leave that release up there knowing that it generated bad code.

I'm currently working on a new WinAVR, with the offending patch removed, and I
hope that this will finally clear up the problems. After I release WinAVR, and
no one is screaming that it is causing bad code to be generated then I will
post the patches on the WinAVR CVS.

Sorry for all the hassle.

Eric Weddington