Re: [avr-gcc-list] Success running the testsuite with avrtest

From: Paulo Marques
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Success running the testsuite with avrtest
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 14:37:31 +0000

Paulo Marques wrote:
Quoting "Dmitry K." <address@hidden>:
[...]
Below are both programs with compiler listing.

Thanks for reporting this. Using your simple test case I was able to find out the (brown paper) bug :P

Attached is a new version with the correction, that runs your test case just fine.

Unfortunately, I ran the testsuite again for execute.exp, after fixing this bug:

# of expected passes            10673
# of unexpected failures        555
# of unexpected successes       1
# of unresolved testcases       15
# of untested testcases         12
# of unsupported tests          664

So, we have more failures now, which means that some of the tests before were actually passing because of the bug :P

The "untested" cases are the worst, because they fail from TIMEOUT, which means the test run takes much longer to execute because of those.

There are likely more bugs in avrtest though, so I wouldn't read too much into these numbers anyway. My next step is to go through these "untested testcases" and "unexpected failures", fix the ones where avrtest is found to be responsible and report the ones where avr-gcc (or the testsuite) is the guilty part.

--
Paulo Marques
Software Development Department - Grupo PIE, S.A.