[avr-gcc-list] GCC Testing having problem with main returning - library/

From: Andrew Hutchinson
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] GCC Testing having problem with main returning - library/binutils problem -Help!
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 20:43:34 -0500

While running testsuite with gcc 4.3 I have found that some standard tests expect a return from main()
e.g.

int main()
{
   blah blah
   if(a==b) return 1;
   return 0;
}

while others explicitly call abort() or exit(0)

The avr-gcc configuration I have built is creating a run-time JMP to main() after c initialization - on return it will thus crash with stack underflow.

I believe this  JMP something that linker insert as it is not in libgcc.s

It's possible I have got snapshot with skewed revisions (I using 2.18) - or even a switch wrong somewhere.

Could someone help solve this?

Andy