RE: [avr-gcc-list] gcc 4.2.0 - patches and at90usb82

From: Eric Weddington
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] gcc 4.2.0 - patches and at90usb82
Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 16:09:29 -0600

Hi Timo,

The patches that I use can now be gotten in the WinAVR CVS:
<http://sourceforge.net/projects/winavr>
These patches are little more extensive than Jörg's current FreeBSD patches.
IIRC, they fix a few more bugs.

However, these patches cover binutils 2.17, and gcc 4.1.2.

You'll need to use the binutils 2.17 patches as the "newdevices" patch adds
support for the at90usb82. This is needed for support in gcc. Basically
support for any new device needs to be in binutils, gcc, and avr-libc.

In my current build of gcc 4.2.0, I use the following patches:
00-gcc-4.2.0-version-WinAVR.patch
10-gcc-4.2.0-c-incpath.patch
11-gcc-4.2.0-exec-prefix.patch
20-gcc-4.2.0-libiberty-Makefile.in.patch
30-gcc-4.2.0-binary-constants.patch
40-gcc-4.2.0-bug-28902.patch
41-gcc-4.2.0-bug-10768.patch (Ada only)
51-gcc-4.2.0-mega256-v2.patch

Most of the patches above are copied over from the patch list for 4.1.2. The
Ada only patch (for bug 10768) requires that you extract the Ada package in
the archive tree. If you're not interested in Ada, this patch can be
skipped. To support the mega256x devices requires a new version (v2) of the
patch (i.e. it's not just copied over from 4.1.2).

Unfortunately I don't have the 4.2.0 patches in the WinAVR CVS yet. I can
probably do so early next week. It may not be the final list yet, but the
toolchain successfully builds for me with these.

HTH,
Eric Weddington