RE: [avr-gcc-list] Linker error with gcc & WinAVR

From: Schwichtenberg, Knut
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] Linker error with gcc & WinAVR
Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 13:16:35 +0200

Gre7g,

ongnu.org] On Behalf Of Gre7g Luterman
> Sent: Tuesday, May 08, 2007 8:29 PM
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Linker error with gcc & WinAVR

> Why on Earth does it think .update2_app (not sure what
> the deal with the .1 is) is below 1B00 where I told it
> to be.  And why is .data so far below 800060, where it
> should be?  I even tried forcing .data to be 800060,
> but that gave me the same result.

Are you using the default linker script? If so the problem is based
there.
The following copy is from the avr5.x file:

  }  > text
  .data   : AT (ADDR (.text) + SIZEOF (.text))
  {

Which means: The .data segment starts after the end of the .text-segment
- which is not what you want. It seems to me you should either set-up
your own linker script or define the start address of .data to a value
behind your segments.

Cheers

Knut