Re: [avr-gcc-list] Implementation RS485 communication in c

From: kitts
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Implementation RS485 communication in c
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 22:43:11 +0530

On Wednesday 28 Mar 2007 at 10:13:01 am, Christian Engel wrote:
> I think for implement a communication between two ATmega 162 with the
> RS485 standard.
>
> Has anybody before implement a communication with RS485 in c? I'm sure
> that, but has anybody more information about it for me?

The RS485 standard itself only defines the link layer. The communication
protocol is not defined by the standard and vary largely. So you would
firstneed to understand the network for which your device is intended to
reside in.

Since you say that it is for communication between two atmegas, that is as
simple as it could probably get. Half of full duplex? I may not change
greatly from regular UART communication.
--
Cheers!
kitts