Re: [avr-gcc-list] bootloader for hex file on SD/MMC card

From: Parthasaradhi Nayani
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] bootloader for hex file on SD/MMC card
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 09:50:18 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Abhijit,

I'm a student working with ATMEGA 8, 16 and 32, making autonomous robots for college contests and projects. I'm looking for a bootloader that will search for an SD/MMC card, find a hex file on it and program itself. This will make it quite easy to make hassle-free code changes or upgrades on contest venues, especially so because i can use any pc to load compiled hex files into the memory card..

I doubt if any one can give you a ready made bootloader. Since SD/MMC cards are normally connected to SPI bus, you could write the bootloader to read some specific memory locations on the card (through SPI) for some sort of signature and if present read and program the flash.

Nayani

It's here! Your new message!