Re: [avr-gcc-list] array of pointers to functions - ok in RAM, fails in

From: Royce Pereira
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] array of pointers to functions - ok in RAM, fails in flash
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 02:52:27 +0530

Hi David,

On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 02:07:54 +0530, David McNab <address@hidden> wrote:

> Surely it can't be too hard to place a table of function pointers into
> flash, retrieve function pointers from this table, and 'call' them.

I remember as a newbie to the list, I'd asked this very question a couple of
years ago. A few members kindly replied, and since then I've gone on to create
many projects implementing their advice.

Try:

void (*do_func[])(void) PROGMEM=
    { func1, func2, func3, func4, func6 };

int main(void)
    {
       void (*func)(void);

        while(1)
           {
                (fun= pgm_read_word(&do_func[func_no]))(); //func_no is the
element no..
           }
        return 0;
     }