Re: [avr-gcc-list] query please help

From: Micah Carrick
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] query please help
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 10:09:50 -0800

I don't know about WinAVR, but for linux, I did not need to install any patches.  I justed installed gcc for avr, libc, and the binutils and I'm up and running fine.  This was just a couple weeks ago using Fedora--which is similar to redhat.  My installation procedure is outlined here: http://www.micahcarrick.com/v2/content/view/24/27/

- Micah

rajeev joshi wrote:
Hi all,
            I am new to this maling list .actually I am doing a project on AVR microcontrollers, but i m surrounded by number of queries,

1. which are the patches necessary for avr-gcc,which version should i use .
2. the patches available on net are compatible to which linux kernel , r they compatible
      with kernel  2.6 or 2.4.
3. The patches are compatible with which linux core ,i have SUSE or i have to install red hat

4.While working on windows which compiler, simulator shpuld use ,right now i m having codevision AVR ,AVR studio .
5. But i m not gettin how to work on WINAVR .

please provide me your help ,

REGARDS
RAJEEV JOSHI