Re: AW: AW: [avr-gcc-list] problems with olimex jtag emulator

From: Klaus Rudolph
Subject: Re: AW: AW: [avr-gcc-list] problems with olimex jtag emulator
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 17:52:35 +0200

Haase Bjoern (PT-BEU/EMT) * schrieb:

Klaus Rudolph wrote:

The box is not repsonding at all, so also a firmware update seems
not working but yes I will setup a windows this week because
I have no windows and after that I will remove it as fast as possible :-)

... So maybe the olimex jtag is simply broken. I myself have broken two of them
already, possibly by ESD :-(, but I did not search long for the cause of the
error since I'd hardly could justify to spend more than half an hour on
repairing a tool this cheap.

Good news: I could repair the dongle. It has lost the complete software, also the bootloader was gone away. I reprogram the device with an older software and it looks that the jtag dongle is now working again. Reading from flash (verify) from the "jtagged" device is now possible and also device id could be read successfully. I have not started a complete debug session, but I hope that my reprogrammed software is ok.

Bye
Klaus