Re: AW: [avr-gcc-list] problems with olimex jtag emulator

From: Klaus Rudolph
Subject: Re: AW: [avr-gcc-list] problems with olimex jtag emulator
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 11:37:04 +0200 (MEST)

> Hi Klaus,
>
> Maybe try to use avrstudio with this olimex box once: It tends to
> re-program the hardware if it thinks the software is too old.
> I also have observed other strange things with one olimex clone:
> Everything worked fine when running it on a Woe2000-Box with cygwin, but I
never did
> suceed in running it correctly on my Linux-X86 machine: Programing worked,
> but debugging with gdb was only functional on the cygwin box. :-( On the
> linux box gdb never left the reset vector.

The box is not repsonding at all, so also a firmware update seems
not working but yes I will setup a windows this week because
I have no windows and after that I will remove it as fast as possible :-)

The second thing is that the jtag box work fine under linux, but
I must change some things in avarice for that. There is one
misterious thing for the programm counter in avarice where
porg counter is calculated with pc/2+1 I think correct
is pc/2. With this patch all seams to be ok. I reported this
"bug?" years ago without any resonance. Maybe others have not this problem.
The bahviour with the program counter is also wrong for original jtag
box from atmel so the patch is needed for both, olimex and atmel box.

Thanks
   Klaus

> Yours,
>
> Björn