RE: [avr-gcc-list] floating point calculations - How many cycles

From: Ben Mann
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] floating point calculations - How many cycles
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 10:53:07 +0800

It might be the hard way, but looking at the assembly generated by GCC is a
very good indication (and very educational). The clock cycles per assembly
language instruction is listed in the part's data sheet. A simulator may
further simplify this process and do the calculation for you. Bear in mind
that if any interrupts go off during the calculation, the actual number of
clock cycles to complete is possibly indeterminate.

Ben