[avr-gcc-list] stack layout

From: Torsten Mohr
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] stack layout
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 01:16:01 +0200

Hi,

i'd like to change the memory layout of a program, especially the
stack.

So i linked my program with --defsym,__stack=0x900

When i look into the listing of my program that i got with:
avr-objdump -h -S file.elf

Then in __init the stackpointer still gets loaded as 0x10ff.
But in the beginning of main it gets reloaded to 0x8ff.

Is it a bug that the stack is set to 0x10ff in __init?

Can i change the options somehow to _always_ use 0x8ff for
the stack, also in __init?

Shouldn't the startup code also refer to the symbol __stack?

__stack seems to be only a symbol, not a section.  Would it make
sense to define an own section for the stack, so some overlap
checking could be done?

Best regards,
Torsten.