Re: [avr-gcc-list] math linking problem even with -lm

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] math linking problem even with -lm
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 15:42:33 -0600

Andrew McNabb wrote:

Btw., I'd personally avoid using time-consuming functions like
trigonometrical functions within an interrupt vector.  Heck, I'd avoid
calling *any* function from within an interrupt vector, as it will
make the compiler push/pop a lot more registers than needed without
that.

Yeah.  I was just testing some stuff out.  I'm actually planning on
precomputing a table and then grabbing entries from it in the interrupt
handler.  Is that a reasonable approach?

Yes, any lookup table-type alogrithm will in general be the fastest. Caution on *where* you put the table though, RAM or Flash. There are tradeoffs, of course, depending on your specific application.

Eric