Re: [avr-gcc-list] Building of avrdude without having texi2html ?

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Building of avrdude without having texi2html ?
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 10:11:39 -0600

Haase Bjoern (PT-BEU/EMT) * wrote:

Hi,

Just a brief question: We are encountering problems when building avrdude 4.3.0. It seems that when configuring the package without additional switches, the generated make file always tries to build the documentation. Problem is that we do not have the required texi2html (texi2dvi etc.) packages on our machines.

Is there any known easy workaround ?

Is there any particular reason why you need to build 4.3.0? 4.4.0 is the latest release, and currently there is a 5.0 BETA in the downloads section. IIRC there should be new configure options with both(?) of those versions that disable building the documentation.

Eric