Re: [avr-gcc-list] Looking for bootloader

From: Neil Davey
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Looking for bootloader
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2005 10:15:57 +1000

Isn't avrdude an isp? Not a bootloader type programmer? I could be totally off the mark. My suggestion given this type of configuration would be to roll your own bootloader code and loader app. Then you can build the bus controlling logic into the bootloader. (ie for selecting which avr to prog)
I'd be suprised if there was code out there.

Regards
Neil Davey

Hello,

I have several avr's connected by an RS-485 serial line.  I'm looking
for a bootloader that will work with avrdude and can be compiled under
gcc, and which I can modify to properly handle talking over my bus.

I've found a couple gcc bootloaders so far, but none of them seem to
work with avrdude.

Thanks.

--------------------------------------
Neil Davey