Re: [avr-gcc-list] [OT] Chaning default reply-to address

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] [OT] Chaning default reply-to address
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2005 18:25:14 +0200 (MET DST)

"Anton Erasmus" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Is there some way to change it so that the default
> reply to address is the list address ?

It is really not recommendable.  I've been using one list with that
policy in the past (the XFree86 developer's list), and I have seen
quite more than a single reply that was supposed to go just to the
originator of the mail yet went to the list instead.  Some of them
have *really* meant to be private though...

If you want this kind of functionality, please pick an MUA that
understands the List-* headers introduced by the mail relay software,
and that uses these headers to generate the reply-to address.
Otherwise, just follow Eric's advise which will give a single
additional copy to the original author but that's usally tolerated.