[avr-gcc-list] PEN on atmega128

From: Jamie Morken
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] PEN on atmega128
Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2005 12:17:35 -0700

Hi,

Does PEN need to be tied to GND for the SPI
programming interface to work on the atmega128?
>From the datasheet:

"PEN is a programming enable pin for the SPI
Serial Programming mode. By holding this
pin low during a Power-on Reset, the device
will enter the SPI Serial Programming
mode. PEN has no function during normal
operation."

I am unable to connect to my atmega128 board from
ponyprog, I made the board using the small MLF64
package so it is hard to change what is already
done with the wiring.

cheers,
Jamie