RE: [avr-gcc-list] Atmel EIT

From: Eric Fu
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] Atmel EIT
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2005 19:10:28 +1000

Hugo wrote:

>       I recently purchased the EIT (Embedded Internet
> Toolkit) from Atmel. I
> have modified the source code so that it compiles under
> avr-gcc. But I
> have problems accessing the CS8900A Ethernet Controller and I cannot
> read the ID register of that chip. Does anybody have experience with
> this board and avr-gcc?

I recently had some experience of CS8900A with Hitachi SH3 processor. I
was only involved with the hardware bit, but I think the problem you are
having might not have anything to do with avr-gcc. Make sure the reset
is done properly and remember the Reset line of the chip is active high.
Then the next thing you might try is the timing for Write and Read.
There is a Technical Reference Manual and FAQ at Cirrus Logic web site
that could be helpful.

HTH,

Eric Fu