Re: [avr-gcc-list] Strings constant limitation?

From: Raphael Assenat
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Strings constant limitation?
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 13:37:42 -0400

Hugo Villeneuve wrote:
Hi,

Using avr-gcc 3.4.3 (win32), I defined string constants in my C program, but checking the generated LST file, it seems that if a string is 20 characters or more, it gets truncated:

 523                   .LC3:
 524 003a 6162 6364         .string    "abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz\n"
 524      6566 6768
 524      696A 6B6C
 524      6D6E 6F70
 524      7172 7374
Hi,
Apparently, the assembler limits the number of lines outputted to the LST file for each source line to 5 by default.

If you add -Wa,--listing-cont-lines=100 to your gcc command line you should see the complete string in the LST file.

Regards,
Raphael Assenat