Re: [avr-gcc-list] AVR-GCC question

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] AVR-GCC question
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 12:26:03 -0600

Trampas wrote:

My dream is for "Meta" compiler.
That is I would like a compiler where I could expand the functionality, such
that I write code to write the code for me.
<snip>

Additionally you could have the compiler implement polymorphism while
keeping C code. For example you could at compile time check variables types
and conditionally create code.
<snip>
The advantages would be that you could start making some really generic
libraries and could code the way you wanted. You could prototype compiler
features easy, kind of like scripting.
Think about having a FIFO coded in C where it used polymorphism like C++
with out all the overhead, that is the FIFO library code would be generated
at compile time kind of like standard templates in C++.
Regards,
Trampas
You are always free to design your own language. Remember, GCC is open source and you can add your own language...

Eric